Are you ready to turn the calendar yet? Ready or not, the new year is coming!
Yesterday I preached on the “Watch Night” texts, a sermon called All Things New. I grew up attending church on New Year’s Eve, and being a reflective person, I appreciate the opportunity to think about the passage of time in the context of my faith. If you’re interested in reading/hearing the sermon, it will be over at the Western Presbyterian site in both print/podcast formats by the end of the week.
Do you make New Year’s Resolutions? Some people prefer to call them goals or intentions. Whatever you like to call them, I like to make them! Some years I have a long list, other years a short one. This year I picked an overarching Intention and 10 specific goals. I’ll share them below. Meanwhile, I wish you a very Happy New Year!
“Be Lighthearted & Gracious”
By which I mean: Be grateful. Remember that everyone is fighting a hard battle.
- Visit my parents every 3-4 months.
- Final draft of the Alexander book (co-authoring).
- First draft of book on Clergy Sexual Abuse (co-authoring).
- Brainstorm/outline the Ministry & Gender book.
- Reread my fiction and decide next step.
- Remodel upstairs bathroom.
- Paint: living room, front door, one bedroom, basement.
- Carpet: Steps, upstairs hallway, all three bedrooms.
- Do downtown outing once a month.
- Plan a pilgrimage (Greece, Turkey, Iona, Israel, Jordan, Egypt?)